March 19-April 19, 2020
UPDATE: We will postpone the opening of The Conversion of Ka‘ahumanu by Victoria Nalani Kneubuhl.
We'll communicate with all current ticket-holders for The Conversion of Ka‘ahumanu about this change.
- Those wishing to maintain their tickets for the eventual production run may do so.
- We will override our no-refund policy at this time; individual ticket-holders requesting a refund will receive one.
- Season subscribers will be contacted to reserve tickets once new dates for the show are set.
If you are an individual ticket holder, please contact Chloe in our box office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 808-536-4441). Because we have a lot of people to contact about this, if you don't mind reaching out via email, we'd appreciate it. If you'd rather call, please feel free to do so.
Here's what we need from you:
- If you would like to transfer your ticket to the newly scheduled dates once they're available, you can simply respond with "let 'em ride" (or something equally as pithy and charming - we need all the smiles we can get right now!). We'll contact you as soon as new dates are set.
- If you would like a refund, we need to know how and how many tickets you purchased and:
- If you paid by cash or check, we will send you a check. You can email or call Chloe and give your full name or order number, and please confirm your mailing address.
- If paid by card via our box office, please call the office this week to give Chloe your credit card info again so she can process the refund.
- If you purchased online, please email or call with your full name or order number.
Beginning March 23rd, the theatre office will be closed until further notice, though the staff will continue to work remotely. Communication will continue via phone, email, and other electronic means.
When Lucy Thurston and Sybil Bingham arrive on the shores of O‘ahu in 1820, a year after Queen Ka‘ahumanu overthrew the traditional Kapu system in ancient Hawai‘i, they immediately attempt their missionary task. Queen Ka‘ahumanu, however, is more interested in their dresses than a new god and has no desire for new religion. Sybil and Lucy persevere, and so begins the slow, gradual process of Ka'ahumanu’s conversion. This complex historical drama explores different perspectives on Hawaii’s official adoption of Christianity — from the caste system to notions of monogamy.
Plan Your Trip
Book Your Vacation
Plan your own idyllic getaway with the Hawaii travel experts. Our partner, Pleasant Holidays, has created unforgettable vacations to the Hawaiian Islands for more than half a century, and can help you with all your travel arrangements.
Experience Your Hawaii
Enhance your vacation with activities and experience the very best of the islands. From helicopter flights to snorkeling adventures, from luaus to eco-tours, Pleasant Activities has hundreds of engaging activities that will catch your fancy.