Test Your Knowledge With These Four Questions About The Valley Isle
1. There are 132 islands in the Hawaiian chain. By size, Maui is:
b) Second largest
c) Third largest
d) Sixth largest
2. Haleakalā is a mountain volcano rising 10,023 feet above sea level and 30,000 feet from the ocean floor. As a volcano, it is classified as:
3. On a clear day, how many other Hawaiian islands can one see from the peak of Haleakalā?
4. The largest banyan tree in Hawai‘i is located on Front Street in Lahaina and spreads across an entire park. It was planted in:
Okay, let’s see how you did!
1. b) At 727 square miles, Maui is larger than all others, except the Island of Hawai‘i, a.k.a. The Big Island.
2. a) Haleakalā is the world’s largest dormant volcano. It last erupted in 1790.
3. d) The six islands are the Island of Hawai‘i, Molokini, Lāna‘i, Kaho‘olawe, Moloka‘i and O‘ahu.
4. c) When planted, the tree was only 8 feet tall.